Sunday, September 27, 2009

6:57 PM

Didn't managed to go to church today. =( Was too shagged after spending the wee hours in the morning vomitting and trying to keep the ringing out of my head. yes, nt gg to club for a very very long time after this.

I realised how much of an influence i am today, especially to the younger ones in the cg like kim, jessica n linus. Ever since my birthday, i took it to heart that i cannot be a stumbling block to them. I cant be like the other big brother that's ok with them drinking, getting tipsy or drunk that they can skip church the next day just because i have done the same. I have been drinking a lot nowadays, cause initially i want to build back the level of tolerence i once had for alcohol. It's part of being in this scope of my job. But now i feel it's really good to be high SO i can have fun, that itself is an addiction. It's WRONG. I made a mistake, it's ok to have fun, but all of us must set our priorities right. Mine will be God, not the alcohol, not that kind of 'fun'.

On a sidenote, i really like what was preached during cg this wk. The first thing that occur to me was the storm is not of the Lord, the earthquake was not of God, but the gentle wind was God's. I used to think that God must move MIGHTILY, and not the gentle still voice of the Holy Spirit. Thus im always confused of the voices in my head. I spend a lot of time trying to figure out whether God's speaking to me, or I'm doing all the talking myself. Indeed, He comes like a gentle soothing wind. Sometimes, we need to take time to pull ourselves back over the hectic lifestyle we're leading and go back to that first place, that first thing we did when we first received Him, and known Him, that when we feel the wind, we will not miss it, and know it's His doing.

The other issue would be how to deal with temptations. Only when something is truly dead, full resurrection can take place. I cant put only a certain percentage of myself in controlling myself, of dealing with the temptation. I got to give in my all to break and overcome the temptation, that's when the FULL RESURRECTION can take place.

Once we truly break free, then we will be able to MOVE ON. Even when the past temptation may come forth to tempt you again, but you will not falter, you will not waiver, for it no longer have it's grips on you.

God allows us to be tempted, cause He wants us to deal with it. He knows, we cant just continue to carry this sin in our lives. We need to kill the flesh, to experience FULL resurrection of the Spirit.

This will be the wrestle, and im not letting go. The next time i blog, i hope it won't be me still trying to conquer this tiny problem. Cause im moving on to take on bigger giants!
IM A CONQUEROR THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME!

No comments: